Contra Mozilla

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Quick Quote: Monsignor Charles Pope on "The News"

Monsignor Pope doesn't like the mainstram media much, either.
The news does not really seem to be the news. Either it is advocacy journalism, or it is simply trying to peddle crisis and controversy or just showing how shallow and debased our culture has become. The result for me was too much anger, anxiety, and even a sort of bitterness for “them” i.e. the people on the other side. 
Yes, I was being played. And I didn’t like it. And most of the people who were trying to play me and sell increasingly insulting news do not share my faith and even feel free to ridicule what I find sacred, holy and valuable.
Life would be better if "the news" was presented without "the views." I mean, is it so much to ask for a reasonably honest attempt to just report the events, sort of what happened, when, where, how, and who?

No comments:

Post a Comment