- Darwin's descendant is Catholic.
- I have a few friends in Austin, so they might be interested in BurntOrangeReport's endorsement of a certain coffee shop. By endorsement, I mean they say to boycott it because of its stance on abortion, but since this is coming from BurntOrangeReport, I can think of no stronger a political-motivated endorsement.
- I've heard tell that even recently, many (perhaps most) Catholic Bishops are registered Democrats. Apparently, that number included Rhode Island's Bishop Thomas Tobin, who has nevertheless been a critic of the Obama Administration's promotion of the culture of death. After 44 years, Bishop Tobin is leaving the Democratic Party:
"The a-ha moment for me was the 2012 Democratic National Convention. It was just awful," Tobin, 65, told the Rhody Young Republicans during an event at the Holy Rosary Band Society Hall in Providence. The leader of Rhode Island's roughly 621,000 Catholics said he had been a registered Democrat since 1969.
"I just said I can't be associated structurally with that group, in terms of abortion and NARAL [Pro-Choice America] and Planned Parenthood and [the] same-sex marriage agenda and cultural destruction I saw going on," Tobin said. "I just couldn't do it anymore."It took him until 2012 to decide on this, and even then only after the party's national convention? The ongoing support for the Culture of Death, for NARAL and Planned Parenthood and the gay agenda and the Obama Administration's contraception/abortion/sterilization mandate didn't even do him in? Well, better late than never, I guess, but I wonder how many more of the bishops (to say nothing of the priests) are still Democrats. As Fr. Zuhlsdorf asks, "Aside from the fact that the GOP is not perfect, how can any cleric be a member of a political party that is so clearly pro-abortion? How can a cleric be a member of a party that actively, openly undermines the true definition of marriage?" Yeah, talk about choosing the greater of two evils, it's no wonder that there are so many Catholics who support Obama, Pelosi, Biden, and the whole lot of pro-death politicians.
- Now for a palate cleanser after that: a zoo in China is attempting to pass of a dog as a lion.
- What is it about the child-free movement that says we have to celebrate them?
The world's greatest threat, according to some.
- The Statistician to the Stars gives that atheism/religion IQ study thing a thorough fisking. National review has a shorter and sweeter rebuttal.
- The Obama Administration really is tyrannical, even to their loyal lapdogs the media. Case in point: they attempted to re-write the Washington Post's interview/story on NSA violations. I guess we get the government (or the rulers) that the majority of the people deserve.
This week's Seven Quick Takes Friday is hosted here. A Few Good Links is our thing, though.