Contra Mozilla

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Free Answers for Shipman-Wilson-Higgins-Torres An Introduction to Physical Science

Normally I wouldn't post free answers to a textbook as a professional courtesy to the authors. However, I've noticed something when looking through their multiple choice questions. Whenever "all of the above" or "all of the preceding" is an option, it is the right answer. No, I have not exhaustively checked every question, but I've seen a fair sampling from the first dozen or so chapters (which is what I generally cover in my class), and so far the pattern seems to be holding at a glance.

Also, since the answer key to all of the multiple choice questions is included in the back of their book, I guess giving away this answer really doesn't matter. Still, I'm of the opinion that every multiple choice question should include either "all of the above" or "none of the above" as a possible option.

No comments:

Post a Comment