Contra Mozilla

Monday, January 12, 2015

Bowtie Conversion

When I switched to wearing bowties, I was left with a few regular neck-ties which were either nice (wool!) or had sentimental value but which I would rarely wear again. There have been times when I've wondered if I could easily convert the neckties to bowties.

The answer is yes, you can send a neck-tie here and for a fee they'll make it into a bowtie. But is it worth the fee? The good news is, somebody has figured out a less drastic way of turning a necktie into a bowtie:

My assessment, by the way, is that this makes a fairly thick bowtie (depending on the material of the original tie), but overall is seems to work and looks pretty good. It was also reasonably secure around my neck, though I only tested it for about 10 minutes. I may try it out some time soon for my actual day tie.

My pic (quick low-res shot from a webcam):

Like I said, a bit thick, but now bad. Also, here is a link to a diagram, and a second video which is arguably more helpful (though it's via facebook) for doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment